1. Three students from our school have been admitted into Harvard University. They are Linda Zhang, Lydia Ding, and Lorin Gu. All three have studied extensively at our school.
2. Matthew Brennan, who received outstanding marks in the Canadian Mathematical Olympiad, became a part of the Canadian National Team and will participate in this year’s International Mathematical Olympiad, which will take place in July in Amsterdam, Holland.
3. Melody Guan received outstanding marks in the Canadian Chemistry Olympiad, and was therefore selected to be a part of the National Team. She will participate in this year’s International Chemistry Olympiad in Ankara, Turkey in July. Melody Guan studied both Competitive Mathematics and Chemistry at Olympiads School.
4. In this year’s Canadian Mathematical Olympiad, nine students comprised the Honour Winners’ list. The CMO is considered the top tier mathematical contest for high school students in Canada. Three students from our school made it onto the list; their names are Matthew Brennan, Yuzhou Chen, and Yi Liu. Of these three students, Matthew Brennan was selected for the National Team, and will represent Canadian in the International Mathematical Olympiad.
5. Also, Olympiads School participated in this year’s Euler math contest series. We received first place nationally for the grade 9 Newton contest, the top overall score for the grade 8 Lagrange contest, the second highest overall score for the grade 7 Euler contest, and fifth for the grade 5 Fibonacci contest. The overall score is calculated by adding the grades earned by the top 3 individual students. For details, please visit http://mathematica.ca/eng/honour.htm
6. The past York University Debating Tournament, two of the Olympiads School’s teams have entered the semi-final with Jeffrey Jiang and David Wang winning the second place and TaoTao Lu and Frank Yu winning the fourth place. Jeffrey Jiang has also obtained the second place for the Personal Public Speaking prize.
7. Kevin Zhou, Yi Liu, Yuzhou Chen and Liqing Ding from Olympiads School has obtained exceptional marks in the November, 2010 Canadian Open Mathematics Contest (COMC). They have entered the national top twenty’s list and are invited to the Asian Pacific Mathematics Olympiads (APMO). Liqing Ding and Kevin Zhou won the Provincial Plaque Winners prize. Yuzhou Chen and Yi Liu won the Provincial Medallists prize.
8. Olympiads School obtained the first place in the School Honor Roll in Canada for the American Mathematics Contest 8 (AMC 8 ) which was conducted November, 2010. Three of our students, Alex Cui, Richard Du and Ben Wei have scored 25 out of 25 marks. There are only 6 students national wide who obtained full marks on AMC 8.