Tuition and Refund Policies
1. Tuition Periods
- Olympiads School’s academic year is divided into three semesters: Winter (January to June), Summer (July to August), and Fall (September to December). The tuition for each semester must be paid in full before the course starts. The payment options are debit card and cheque.
- Starting this year, to facilitate the registration process, Olympiads School will accept full-year payment for the following courses from September to June of the following year.
- Grade 5 – 6 Math courses
- Grade 7 – 12 Math competition courses
- Language courses (English, Writing, Public speaking, Debate and French)
- Computer science courses (level 1 – 6)
Parents can select the payment period by semester or by full-year.
2. Registration Policy
The first-time registration for any course within a semester is free. If a course is cancelled for whatever reason and the student wishes to reenroll in the same course again in that semester, the subsequent registration carries an additional $60.
3. Trial Class
All courses include a trial class. If the student does not intend to continue with the course after attending the trial class, it will be free of charge. However, if the student decides to take the course, the tuition must include the cost of the trial class. Trial classes must be reserved one week ahead of time.
4. Makeup class
For any missed class, students can attend the same class on a different day within the week. If the missed class is a Sunday class, please find a makeup class before Sunday as a new class will begin the following Tuesday. For any uncertainty of the makeup class schedule, please contact the front desk secretaries.
5. Free Repeatable Courses
Below are the courses that can be taken repeatedly without limit, should the student choose not to receive a discount:
- All AP courses
- All grade 7 & 12 Math and Science curriculum courses
6. Discount Policy (Non-repeatable Only)
Should you decide to register for two or more courses within the same semester, there is a $2.50/hour discount starting with the second course. However, specific discounts are offered for the courses listed below:
- SAT: Discount of $1.67/hour ($80/48 hours)
- Grade 8-10 curriculum course: Discount of $2.22/hour ($80/36 hours; non-repeatable only)
- Grade 11 and 12 curriculum courses: Discount of $2.00/hour ($80/40 hours)
- AP Macro or Microeconomics: Discount of $1.33/hour ($40/30 hours; non-repeatable only)
- Other AP courses: Discount of $80/total course hours (non-repeatable only; as well, please note that different AP courses have different durations)
7. Refund Policy
If parents or students decide to stop attending a course, please send an email to email@example.com as soon as possible to apply for a refund. We will close the relevant course account, calculate the refund amount, and set up an appointment for you to pick up the refund.