Top World Wide Universities Acceptance
This year, six students from Olympiads School have been accepted by top U.S. universities. They are Howard Feng (Yale University), Scarlett Li (University of Chicago and California Institute of Technology), Kevin Wu (The Whatron School of the University of Pennsylvania), Fei Teng and Jason Zhang (University of California, Berkeley), and Jerry Fan (University of California, Los Angeles).
Canadian High School Math Competition Achievements
1. Two students from Olympiads School, Richard Du and Jerry Wu, participated in the 2013 Canadian Mathematics Olympiad (CMO) and received 5th and 6th place respectively. This contest is the most prestigious math contest in Canada. A total of seven students received the distinction of Top Winners, and five of them are from the U.S.
2. Jerry Wu from Olympiads School qualified for the United States of America Mathematics Olympiad (USAMO). Only three students from Canada were invited to write the USAMO.
3. Five students from Olympiads School have been qualified to write the Asian Pacific Mathematics Olympiads through excellent performance on the Canadian Open Mathematics Challenge (only twenty students from Canada were qualified). They are Jerry Wu, Richard Du, Yi Liu, Bobby Qiu, and Henry Wu.
4. Fourteen students from Olympiads School have been invited to write the Canadian Mathematics Olympiad (CMO) through the COMC.
Both Rongxin Du and Ben Wei received gold medal in the grade 10 group.
Xiaoze (Jerry) Wu and Henry Wu received bronze medal in the grade 11 group.
Frieda Rong and John Zhou received honourable mention in the grade 10 group.
5. Olympiads School has received first place in the team competition in AMC 8 (American Mathematics Competition). Ben Wei received a perfect score and individual first place in Canada.
6. Jerry Wu and Bobby Qiu from Olympiads School have respectively received second place in Canada and first place in Ontario in the AMC 12.
In addition, 56 students from Olympiads School have been qualified to write the American Invitational Mathematics Examination through an excellent performance on the AMC 10/12.
7. University of Waterloo Mathematics Competitions
– In the grade 9 Pascal contest, 7 students received gold medal
– In the grade 9 Fryer contest, 22 students received gold medal
– In the grade 10 Caley contest, 3 students received gold medal
– In the grade 10 Galois contest, 25 students received gold medal
– In the grade 11 Fermat contest, 3 students received gold medal
– In the grade 11 Hypatia contest, 9 students received gold medal
– In the grade 12 Euclid contest, Yi Liu and Richard qualified for group two.
8. Mathematica contest series
Olympiads School has received first place in both Lagrance (grade 8) and Newton (grade 9) contests.
– Lillian Zhang, Lingjun Zhang, and Yikuan Li tied first place in the grade 9 Newton contest
– Shuyu Liu received first place in grade 8 Lagrange contest
– Michael Li received first place in the grade 6 Pythagoras contest
– Martin Robert received first place in the grade 5 Fibonacci contest
Canadian High School Computing Contest
1. Ted Ying and Yikuan (Tim) Li from Olympiads School received a perfect score in the stage one of the Senior group of the Canadian Computing Competition and were qualified for the stage two of the competition. In addition, Tianze (Peter) Chen and Calvin Liu were also qualified for the stage two of the competition. In Canada, there are a total of 23 students who qualified for the stage two of the competition.
2. In Stage two, Ted Ying and Tianze (Peter) Chen from received silver medal. Calvin Liu and Yikuan Li received bronze medal.
Kevin Pei and Frieda Rong participated in the Junior group of the Canadian Computing Competition and received perfect scores.
Canadian High School Chemistry Competition
Sabrina Ge from Olympiads School received top 5 in the Canadian Chemistry Olympiad and participated in the 45th International Chemistry Olympiad.
Canadian Middle School Science Competition
Fan (Wilson) Wu from Olympiads School received first place in 2013’s Michael Smith Science Challenge.
Canadian High School Biology Competition
Emily Cheng from Olympiads School received 5th place in the 2013 Canadian Biology Olympiad (only the top 4 are qualified for the International Biology Olympiad).
Ontario High School Physics Competition
Yueng Chen from Olympiads School received 2nd place in the 2013 Newton Physics Competition. Chris Ni received 1st place in the Ontario Association of Physics Teachers contest.
Private and Independent School Entrance Test (SSAT)
From 2012-2013, 14 students from Olympiads School received a better score than the University of Toronto School requirements. 11 of the students were accepted by University of Toronto Schools and 3 were accepted by Upper Canada College.